Thursday, January 18, 2007

6 weird things about me

Inspired by the ever so talented Schrodinger.

1. When I was a kid, my mom gave our pets dialog. They spoke to us and were our friends, more like siblings actually. And I was about 9 before I figured out that every time the cats talked my mom's mouth moved. She still makes her cats talk. This terrifies my fiancee.

2. I can not tie my shoes. Unless you count the bunny ears method,— but I never mastered the squirrel around the tree method. Generally, I wear shoes that don't tie. I have look around twice at the gym to make sure no one sees me tie my sneakers. Countless people have tried to teach me, including teachers, friends, parents, and a therapist. I knit, yet, the whole squirrel around the tree thing, just doesn't work for me.

3. I may be the worlds only disorganized germ freak. Papers everywhere, fine, no problem, a scrap of food on the floor? Now THAT breeds bacteria, attracts vermin or worse. After cutting chicken on a cutting board, I am tempted to pour boiling kettle water on it. I refrain, because this is ridiculous, but modern anti-germ marketing has done me in. In a big way.

4. I hate the sound of steel wool. It has a sound when you pull it apart and that sound hurts my head.

5. I am terrified of fire. It has always scared me, rendered me panicked when it appears even the slightest bit out of control (...like, when a barbecue flares up, for example).

6. I fantasize that loved ones who've passed on to whatever place they go to, get to look in on you on special days. Like, for example, on Christmas my grandfather can look in and see a slice of my life. Through that slice he can see how his son grew up and the whole family and his great grandchildren. Apparently in my fantasy, there are only so many slots (you know like cable ports on your computer). There are a lot of dead people, so it's kind of a lottery thing. To clarify, I don't ACTUALLY believe you can be visited by the dead, I just think it would be cool.

4 Comments:

Blogger Miao 妙 said...

I can't do the squirrel-around-the-tree thing either.

- paradoxical-rose.blogspot.com

8:22 AM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Thanks for calling me talented, you make me blush.

Love your wierd things list. I'm with your fiancee on #1, that would scare me too.

11:50 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Thanks for calling me talented, you make me blush.

Love your wierd things list. I'm with your fiancee on #1, that would scare me too.

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#1...oh yes, I remember it well...

How did I not know about #2?

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home